2014 READY Camp
LOCATION AND DATE:
Bethel Horizons, Dodgeville, WI June 23 - June 27, 2014
We are excited to announce again for 2014 this excellent opportunity for schools to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from serious, unexpected situations that require immediate action. READY helps to prepare middle and high school students and teachers to respond to pressing needs until additional help arrives. These efforts can help save lives and protect property.
Students can expect to gain knowledge, skills and other benefits related to:
- Safety and injury prevention
- First aid, CPR, (AED) Automatic External Defibrillator training and certification
- Describing students’ potential role in preventing, planning for, responding to and recovering from an emergency situation
- Career development with fire department, law enforcement, emergency management and health care personnel
- Leadership development through outdoor adventure activities, lessons, Leadership Development Course, Zip Lines and Outdoor Ropes Course
Students participating will develop citizenship, volunteerism, leadership and advocacy making them the leaders of tomorrow for emergency preparedness and safety
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic higher education students who enjoy working with and making a difference in the lives of youth! If you are interested in serving as a READY Camp Counselor during the week of June 23 – 27, 2014 at Bethel Horizons near Dodgeville, Wisconsin please fill out one of the attached applications.
The application deadline is June 1, 2014. Please ask that those who are interested send in these three items:
- Completed application form
- Letter of reference related to their ability to work with youth to achieve the goals of the READY Camp which include promoting teamwork, leadership and empowerment of youth to make a difference!